Friday, June 26, 2009

Shower #2

Our second shower was in my hometown, Ponca City, OK. It was a girly shower and so much fun! My best friend Melissa did an incredible job with the decorations and found so much pirate stuff I never knew existed. Once again, Griff and I were so humbled by the generosity and thoughtfulness of all our friends and family - we got so much amazing stuff for the baby. We're really close to having everything we need for the baby... now we just need the actual baby to be here! Here are the pics!

Me with the lovely hostesses

The amazing table, food and decorations

Me and my sister-in-law, Leila

Look at all that loot! Incredible!

Me and my mom with my grandma, aunts and cousin

My brother and Griff stopped by at the end of the shower... I think they felt a little out of place! And the little taxi car in this pic was a special gift from my mom. Apparently after Griff and I got married, unbeknownst to us, my dad was going to auctions and garage sales looking for antique toys for his future grandkids. He found this antique car years ago and so my mom gave it to us at the shower. By far the best gift we've gotten!
This is when my mom was giving us the car... and I was bawling like crazy!

Me and my BF, Melissa!

The family

Griff, me, my brother Kyle and sister-in-law Leila

Me, mom, and Leila

Griff, me and mom - and an interesting fact... the dress I'm wearing was actually my mom's dress when she was pregnant with my brother! So glad she saved it!


1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet story about the car! I got teary eyed reading it. You look beautiful in that dress!

    ReplyDelete