Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Week 33

At the risk of sounding like a major complainer... I am big, round, and uncomfortable! I really have enjoyed being pregnant and am so thankful it's been somewhat easy. I'm just at the point now where I am uncomfortable all of the time - there is not a position - standing, sitting, lying down - where I am not uncomfortable. BUT, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have a tentative induction date scheduled for July 31, which is 10 days before my actual due date. We are being induced early because of my diabetes, which can bring about various complications in the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. The dr. would rather induce early than take a chance of something happening to the baby in the last few weeks. At first I was a bit disappointed that the baby wouldn't get to come on his own, but in light of my constant uncomfortableness, July 31 can't come soon enough! There is still the chance that the baby will be here sooner than July 31, if the dr. feels like the baby isn't doing well and would be better to take him early. We are praying that he can stay inside and cook as long as possible, but in the end we trust that the dr. will do what's best for our boy.

We've had a super busy last few weeks and are so ready for some down time. We've had 3 showers in a row, child birthing classes, breast feeding classes, and Griff has his daddy boot camp class. With everything going on we haven't even had a chance to go through all of the great stuff we got at our showers and start to organize the nursery. Hopefully we'll get the chance in the next few weeks and I'll for sure post pictures of the nursery progress.

I wanted to get the weekly update out on time, but I haven't forgotten about shower pictures - I am working on that today and will have them up tomorrow! For now, here are this weeks pics:

We are a pineapple this week! Last week Baby was almost 5 pounds, so I would imagine he is about 5 1/2 right now. He is also over 17 inches long now!
Also - we sold my car this week :( I was so sad to see it go - I loved my little car, but there's no way I was going to try and get a car seat in and out of a 2-door car. A friend of a friend ended up buying it so at least it went to a good home! Here's my last pic with my sporty little car!

No comments:

Post a Comment