Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week 30

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain: 17 pounds
Stretch marks? No!!!
Sleep: not a good subject right now... :(
Best moment recently: Getting to see our boy in the ultrasound so often now. Yesterday we got a great shot of his face and we could see his little mouth opening and closing, like he was practicing the sucking motion with his lips. Soooo fun to get to peek in on him and see what he's up to in there!
Movement: Lots! And he's started getting the hiccups, mostly in the morning. It's such a funny feeling because it's like really quick little spasms, lasts for about a minute or two, then goes away.
Food cravings: fruit! i can't get enough of it right now... especially cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries and oranges. Fruit has been the one consistent food I've been able to eat throughout my whole pregnancy but lately I could easily eat a whole cantaloupe in one sitting!
Belly Button in or out? Still in and still really shallow
What I miss: Being able to put on socks and tie my shoes without a lot of effort and a lot of grunting. Same goes for sitting down and getting up - I usually require assistance to get off the couch and my sweet husband is always there to give me a hand :)
Worst part of pregnancy currently: Lower back pain! Because I'm getting heavier out front it's putting a lot of strain on my lower back and my sciatic nerve. I've been on a heating pad for most of this last week and once again my sweet hubby has been a great masseuse!
What I am looking forward to: Our first baby shower this weekend!!
Milestones: Started a new phase in monitoring the baby - had our first biophysical profile yesterday. We had an ultrasound and then external fetal monitoring. Everything went really well and baby passed all tests with flying colors. I'll go back every two weeks and have these same tests done, up until about 36 weeks when I'll start going weekly. I also found out that I am slightly anemic so I've started taking extra iron supplements (in addition to what's already in my prenatal vitamin) and been told to eat iron rich foods. Hopefully that will help with my energy level!

Weekly Belly Pics:

Week 30 - Cabbage! Baby is now somewhere around 16 - 16/12 inches long and should weigh about 3 pounds, however our son is nearing the 4 pound mark at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment