Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 34

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain: 23 pounds
Stretch marks? I keep waiting for them to show up, but so far I've been lucky!
Best moment recently: We organized the nursery!!!! HUGE accomplishment and pics will be posted later this week!
Movement: Lots! and uncomfortably so at times. My belly literally has a mind of its own now and since baby is getting bigger and space is more and more limited, I feel and see so much more movement all over the place. It gets a little uncomfortable when he's moving around so much and pushing and stretching my belly. I feel bad because I know he doesn't have a lot of space, but at the same time, can't a kid give his mom a break?!?
Food cravings: Still milk, but other than that my appetite has decreased a lot. I think that has to do with the limited amount of space my stomach has now. I can't eat very large amounts otherwise it's super uncomfortable. Plus I'm getting heartburn a lot again, so really it's just easier to not eat much at this point!
Belly Button in or out? I guess it would be considered out now... it shows through my clothes, but it's not like huge popping out or anything... just somewhat noticeable.
What I miss: Being able to function past 10pm. It's like my body shuts down and won't let me do anything past this time. It really wouldn't be so bad if I knew I was going to lay down to sleep and not get up till morning - however, knowing I'll be up in 2 hours to either pee or change positions makes going to sleep a little less enticing these days.
Worst part of pregnancy currently: Just being uncomfortable - anytime, anywhere. It's like a switch has flipped in the past week and there is just nothing I can do get comfortable.
What I am looking forward to: We are starting a 4 week parenting class at our church tonight. We are really looking forward to preparing for parenthood in this way - not just being ready for labor or having all the right stuff in the nursery - but starting to gain the knowledge and skills to actually parent this child.
Milestones: Did I mention we organized the nursery!!! HUGE milestone!
Dr. Appt Update: I now start weekly dr appointments, so we'll be getting the BPP every week. Here is yesterday's appointment update:
  • Baby is: Head down and very, very low. The sonographer couldn't even get a good look at his face because of how low he is.
  • Baby weighs: 6lbs 6oz - so it looks like he's shaping up to be about 8 1/2 pounds at birth
  • Tests looked: All good - good movement, heart rate, breathing, and amniotic fluid levels
  • Induction date: Still July 31 - just over 4 weeks away!
My belly looks pointy in this pic for some reason - I guess it's just that big now!

And yes, that is Bernie on my belly - she has a little perch now that she can rest on :) And she looks like a scared raccoon here... not sure what that's all about!

and this week is a cantaloupe - but as you know, our baby is about 2 pounds bigger than this. Just picture Bernie in my belly - she weighs the same as the baby right now. and that is so crazy to think I'm going to push a human out of me that will be larger than our dog... that is a thought that I don't need to dwell on right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment