Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Week 37

How far along? 37 weeks - full term!
Total weight gain: 27 pounds
Best moment recently: Being full term today! I am so thankful to have a full-term baby and am confident that from this point on, whenever he decides to make his debut he will be fully grown and healthy.
Movement: He's even lower this week and I'm still getting that uncomfortable pressure down low.
Food cravings: Eh... nothing really. I can't eat very large portions, so I'm pretty content to just drink a big glass of milk and call it a day.
What I miss: Walking normally - I am getting comments from strangers now about my waddling. Note to anyone reading: Never comment on a pregnant lady's waddle - I guarantee you she is aware and doesn't need you to remind her about it!
Worst part of pregnancy currently: The tiredness - it's just getting worse and it's so annoying that at the time when I'm most tired I couldn't get a good night's sleep no matter how hard I tried - or how tired I was!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby's face for the first time. I can't wait to see who he looks like and get to know every little detail of his tiny face!
Milestones: Disclaimer - if you are easily grossed out or offended, stop reading now! This week marks the loss of my bladder control! Griffin told me a really funny story this weekend and I laughed so hard I peed my pants a little. And then it's happened several times since then - fun, fun!
Progress: A loose 1cm and 25-30% effaced
Dr. Appt Update: Another great dr appt and once again baby passed all of his tests. The biggest surprise this week was his weight - it's estimated at 8lbs 2 oz - HUGE! We have an induction scheduled on July 30, however with how big he is already it may end up being a little sooner than that. We go in next Tuesday for my 38 week appt and there is a good chance my dr will just admit me to L&D at that point and we'll have the baby that day. I think that's what's going to happen, but Griffin is still pretty sure it'll be the 30th... so we will see! Either way, we have anywhere from 7-9 days to go!!

2 comments:

  1. and nos the term PMSL takes on a WHOLE new meaning!! I love that you shared that. Probably does not help that you are married to one of the funniest people EVER! I know you are so ready...I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete