Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 23

I thought I'd just post a run down of where we are with everything so far... be warned some of it is really random!

How far along? 23 weeks!
Total weight gain: about 9 pounds
Stretch marks? Not any new ones... but as for the existing ones... still there!
Sleep: I'm a back-sleeper & that's impossible these days, so I'm having trouble getting comfy & staying asleep, not to mention waking up to pee several times during the night is not helping.
Best moment this week: I had my first stranger comment on my belly! It's a good moment because it means I finally really look pregnant and people don't have to wonder if I've just gained a few extra pounds :)
Movement: He has been kicking/punching up a storm the past few days. I don't know what's changed but I am all of the sudden feeling so much movement and it's amazing! Only once has he hit around my bladder... everything else has been around my belly button or just below.
Food cravings: milk, milk, milk and still mexican food, which if it didn't give me such incredible heartburn I would eat it every day, but at least the milk helps!
Belly Button in or out? Still in for the most part - it's starting to look like it could pop any day though.
What I miss: Sleeping through the night (which I know will not be regained for probably the next 10 years), and margaritas (especially with all the mexican food lately)
Worst part of pregnancy currently: HEARTBURN! I get it all the time and am downing Tums like there is no tomorrow.
What I am looking forward to: painting the nursery this weekend!!
Milestones: Griffin finally felt the baby kick last night!! He was so amazed and it was so great to get to share that feeling with him. I don't think I've ever seen Griff smile in amazement like he did last night!

And here are our weekly pics...

This week we are a mango... and this time the weight matches the fruit! He is about a pound, maybe slightly over and about 11 inches long.

1 comment:

  1. I love your updates!! I love that Griffin felt that little mango baby kicking...I love that he is healthy and kicking and letting you know who he is already...love that you have a cute round belly and love how lucky you are to have only gained 9lbs at 23 weeks...

    ReplyDelete