Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Week 20 - Halfway!!!

We're on the downhill side now... It's so crazy to think that I'm over halfway done. This baby will be here before we know it and we can't wait. I'm already ready to be done with pregnancy and for this baby to be here. Not that I'm not enjoying being pregnant, I just really want this baby to get here already!!

We've been working on our registry list and will be registering in the next few weeks. There is so much stuff to think about, but I have some really helpful books that are making it seem much more manageable. We picked out our nursery theme and colors this weekend and we'll probably start painting in the next few weeks too.

All the "stuff" aside, we've also begun to prepare for the actual birth. We're reading a book called "Husband-Coached Childbirth" which is the Bradley Method of natural childbirth. I am so glad we have this book because it makes doing this naturally seem so much more doable. We've started watching "A Baby Story" on TLC during lunch and I'm not sure that is the best idea. Most of the stories they show are women who get epidurals or C-sections, and the only natural births they show are women screaming like crazy and out of control. Griff just keeps reminding me about what our book says - that childbirth can be a very calm and non-traumatic experience with some preparation and training. Maybe we're naive, but we really think that if we are prepared and we work together, we can really have a good experience.

Here are some pics from the past week:
Definite Bump!

Our first baby gift! A super cute basket full of baby laundry and cleaning supplies - super thoughtful and much needed! Thanks Kristi!!

This week is a cantaloupe... size, not weight!!


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that you can have a very positive labor experience without meds. After two attempts I've not had the exact unmedicated L&D that I hoped and planned for but I'm still so happy that I tried.

    Jeff and I found it to be an incredible time for the two of us to connect as we worked together (through blood, sweat and tears, literally) to meet our baby. It was beautiful. And also hard, but that is part of the beauty.

    You can do it! (And scrap "A Baby Story", at least for educational purposes...they very rarely have good natural labor stories.) I also recommend the book "Natural Childbirth The Bradley Way" and taking a class if possible.

    Sorry this comment is ridiculously long. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete