Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 18


So fun! Finally a bump that actually looks like baby bump! I obviously grew over the weekend and when I got to work on Monday it was way more noticeable than the previous week. We've had such nice weather here lately that I wore my first maternity item this weekend - a pair of shorts. It's such a small thing, but it was a big milestone for me to be wearing actual maternity clothes. I also discovered how much I think I'll enjoy wearing skirts. I cleaned out my closets this weekend and found 2 very comforable skirts that work perfect as maternity skirts. I haven't had to wear the bella band at all the past 5 days and it has been wonderful! Don't get me wrong, I love the bella band, but it's been getting tighter and more uncomfortable the past few weeks and it makes me feel like it's squashing my belly. So I think that means it's almost time for maternity jeans... and thanks to my mom I already have a few pairs waiting for me!
So enough about my clothing choices as of late... Friday is the big day and we are beyond excited!! Even if the baby doesn't cooperate for us to find out the sex, this is the ultrasound where they will do all the measurements and check and make sure the baby is growing as it should be. We haven't seen the baby since week 8 so I know we're in for a shock at how different it looks. We'll be sure to post pics and of course, let you know if it's a boy or girl!!

FYI... These were taken at the end of a long day where I was not feeling all that great... hence the dark, droopy eyes and messy hair!

This is a sweet potato by the way!

2 comments:

  1. What a difference just 1 week makes! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...love the pics and yes, I am a big fan of comfy stretchy skirts in lieu of maternity pants...so pretty and sooooo comfy!!

    ReplyDelete