Thursday, February 19, 2009

My sweet, wonderful husband!

Griff had the evening off from playing last night so he decided that he would cook me dinner! He went grocery shopping and did everything to get dinner ready. It was so sweet because I've been pretty tired this week and most of the time don't feel like cooking when I get home. Here's a picture of him getting everything ready...
I told Griff that I was craving Mexican food, specifically tostadas, so he went to several different grocery stores to get all of the ingredients.

I also decided that I wanted a margarita... and for obvious reasons am aware I cannot have one, but that got me thinking about alternatives. I searched for a few recipes online but didn't find anything that really sounded good - so I decided to make up my own and it was great! Here's what we used:

1 can San Pellegrino Aranciata
1/2-3/4 C. light cranberry juice
1/2-3/4 C club soda
2 lime wedges
ice

This was enough for 2 drinks. It wasn't too sweet, but was super citrusy (I'm pretty sure that's not a word) and so refreshing. It hit the spot! And even Griff, who loves margaritas, enjoyed it.

I just wanted to thank my amazing husband again for a great night - He has been so great throughout the pregnancy, in so many ways. How many women can say they get a massage every day, their husbands clean the house, run errands, run to the store at 10pm to get me whatever it is I'm craving... I'm am a very lucky lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment