Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 27

I'm officially in the third trimester now! And I think I have the bump to prove it!
We celebrated Mother's Day this weekend with both of our moms and I actually got to partake in the celebration as well. I wasn't expecting to really be a part of it, because now is that weird time where I do feel like a mom because I'm taking care of, or literally carrying, our baby, but if someone asked me if I had any kids I guess the answer would be no... I don't know, it's a weird time, but regardless it was fun to celebrate a Mother-to-be Day! And who knew that Hallmark made Mother's Day cards for the soon-to-be Mom?!? (apparently my mom and Griff's mom both knew!) Griff also made me such a sweet card and got me my first Mother's Day gift.My sweet card from my sweet husband!

This is what he will wear home from the hospital - couldn't be any more perfect for a little baby Stroope!

And this just goes along with our pirate theme perfectly!


It was a fun weekend and the only time I'll be able to celebrate Mother-to-be Day so it was a special day!

This week's vegetable is...

Cauliflower! Baby is 2 pounds and 14 1/2 inches from head to heel. Another interesting fact is that he is starting to use his lungs more and more now. His previously plugged nostrils are now open so that means he is able to practice inhaling and exhaling. Even with the lack of air in the womb he's still able to practice, just with amniotic fluid. And he's also able to open and close his eyes now. Up until this point his eyelids have been fused shut, but now they are able to open!

No comments:

Post a Comment