Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pediatrician

Today Griff and I went to visit with a potential pediatrician for our baby. Most everything I've read recommends us having an interview with the potential doctor just to make sure we like him, feel like we can trust him, is on the same page with us regarding vaccines, etc. A family friend of ours recommended a doctor in Richardson and since we had no clue about any other doctors this one seemed to be as good as any. Well, we are so glad we went because we LOVED him! His name is Reese Mathieu and was just so nice and very laid back. He answered all of our crazy questions and put our mind at ease about vaccines. He seemed like he would be very calming to a stressed out first-time mom trying to take care of a sick child. His office was small and even though he is in a practice with 6 other doctors they each have their own office. We really liked that it was small and not crazy busy and full of sick kids running around the waiting room. He was also really encouraging about my diabetes and the effects of that on our baby when he's born. I can easily get myself freaked out that we are going to have a 10 pound hypoglycemic baby and while Griff is great about bringing me back to reality when I let my mind wonder like that, it's also good to hear some reassurance from another doctor that as long as I'm taking care of myself, that will likely not be the case. Anyway, we loved him and are glad we found someone we feel we can trust. Not to mention it's great to be able to have one more thing crossed off the list in preparation for Baby Stroope!

No comments:

Post a Comment