Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week 26

How far along? 26 weeks!
Total weight gain: 14 pounds (I have finally gone through a growth spurt!)
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Still crappy - waking up a lot and starting to be generally uncomfortable in any position
Best moment recently: Feeling the baby move in my belly - not just a kick or punch but being able to feel body parts moving across/around my belly. It's such a crazy sensation!
Movement: Tons of it now! He is so active and I've been feeling him all over my belly now. I can definitely tell he's moving around a lot.
Food cravings: Still milk and still mexican food. If I could I would drink a gallon of milk for breakfast and then eat mexican for lunch and dinner every day!
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting very shallow.
What I miss: Energy! The past few weeks have been a little more sluggish. I'm tiring out more easily in the evenings and finding it very hard to wake up in the mornings... to want to stay awake at basically any point during the day. The couch in my office is just taunting me!
Worst part of pregnancy currently: Besides the ever constant heartburn and lack of quality sleep, I am starting to have very hormonal pregnancy moments. Case in point: The other day I was at Chick-Fil-A picking up lunch for me and Griff. I went inside, ordered, got our stuff and was at the condiment counter getting sauce and whatnot. I put the bag of food on the counter and turned away to reach for some ketchup when the bag just fell off the counter, onto the floor and spilled my fries and some bbq sauce all over the floor. I literally almost burst into tears (and not because of the spilled fries!) because... well I'm not sure why, but I surely had no control over my emotions at that point in time. I was a scary, emotional pregnant lady who could not be reasoned with at that point in time. Fun stuff!
What I am looking forward to: Our next Dr. appt, which will also be our next ultrasound!! May 20! Also really looking forward to our upcoming staycation! Griff and I wanted to take a babymoon, but by the time we got around to planning it we realized that no cruise line or airline would let me on board... so we are going to take Memorial Day weekend and be tourists in our own town. We can't wait!
Milestones: Seeing movement from the outside. My belly has a mind of it's own now!

Belly Pics for the week:


That would be an English Cucumber. Baby is almost 2 pounds and about 13 1/2 inches long!

No comments:

Post a Comment