Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weeks 27, 28 & 29

We've had a busy few weeks, with doctor's appointments for Sully and me, Griff starting school, and all the normal stuff that makes each day fly by! We finally took Sully to a GI doctor to get him checked out for his constant, non-stop, all-the-time spitting up. We got some good news and bad news... the good is that nothing is wrong with him! The bad is that nothing is wrong with him and we just have to wait till he grows out of it, hopefully by the time he's a year old! I'm so glad nothing is wrong with him, but I also would have loved if we could stop the spitting up. So lately he has really bad days (where he spits up throughout the day, whether he's eaten or not and whether he's standing, sitting, on his back or on his belly) and not so bad days where he only spits up a few times. I think I'm more traumatized by it than Sully is - mostly because I can barely keep up with the massive amounts of laundry that accumulate every day - but it doesn't even seem to phase him, so I guess we'll just hope he grows out of it sooner rather than later.
We've started solid foods the past few weeks and it's been so fun to let Sully try different foods. His first food was peas and he wasn't too sure about them but now he loves them. So far he's tried peas, green beans (see picture below), carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, apples, peaches, bananas, avocados... and he loves them all, except the green beans. And it was either the bananas or avocados, but something gave him some fierce diaper rash that I'm still trying to get rid of!
I recently went to the doctor because I'm pretty sure I was inches from death... or at least it felt like it. I apparently had the mother of all stomach flus. It was worse than horrible but we were so fortunate that we had friends that came over and took care of Sully since I was literally on my deathbed and Griff was at school.
So yes, Griff started school last week. Most of you probably know, but he is going to cosmetology school so he can become a hair stylist. We are super excited and he's really enjoying it so far. So if any brave soul out there wants a free haircut let us know - Griff can use all the practice he can get!
Enough with all the updating... here are the pictures!


Here you can see the green beans, both in the bowl and in his mouth. He really doesn't like them... he'll put them in his mouth but won't swallow so he just gets a huge mouthful of mush and thinks it's hilarious to show us!




This was the first time he held his bottle all by himself for his whole feeding. It was great because I was able to get some things done while he was drinking it, but it was sad too because it means my little boy is growing up so fast!


We had a snow day not too long ago and I couldn't resist putting him in his snow suit and taking his picture. He's the cutest snow bunny/bear I've ever seen!





1 comment:

  1. I'll sign up for a free hair cut! Happy to be a guinea pig.

    Sorry about all the spitting up...what a mess! Hope your sweet boy outgrows it soon.

    ReplyDelete