Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Week 36

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: 26 pounds
Best moment recently: Finishing the nursery and being able to sit in there in the super comfy rocker and know that in 2 1/2 weeks I'll be sitting in the same spot with our son.
Movement: He has dropped so I'm feeling a lot more pressure down low, which is very uncomfortable at times!
Food cravings: My appetite is still not normal, but this week I've been drinking a lot of smoothies - either chocolate, peanut butter and banana or strawberry, orange and banana. I think it's the combo of fruit and coldness that is so appealing right now., seeing as how it's so unbearabley hot right now!
What I miss: Being able to touch my feet or bend over (and not look completely silly) to pick up things.
Worst part of pregnancy currently: Low back pain and having NO energy. I feel like I could wake up at 10am everyday and be ready for bed by 2pm! Also, the realization that even my maternity clothes are now tight and is just reaffirming how big I really am! I know, I know, I have a human inside of me, I should be big - but really, a lady in my emotional state doesn't need any more affirmation of just how large she really is.
What I am looking forward to: Getting this baby out of me! Of course I want him to stay in and cook as long as possible, but I am so beyond ready for him to be here at this point! I'm also looking forward to installing the car seat this weekend - it's such a small thing, but to drive around with a car seat in my car is going to be weird, in a really good way!
Milestones: We have a finished nursery and a VERY clean house (thanks Mom!)
Progress: 1cm dilated and barely effaced
Dr. Appt Update: We had a great Dr. appt this week. Baby cooperated on the ultrasound and we were able to get great measurements and he passed all of his tests with flying colors. He is currently weighing in at 7lbs 4oz and is still head down and ready to go. He is growing in the 91st percentile which is big, but the Dr. said not worrysome at all. All things considered, he is doing great, so we are SO thankful for a healthy baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment